Clinical Psychologist, Psychotherapist, Positive Psychology Practitioner
Winnie is a DHA licensed Clinical Psychologist with expertise in identifying, diagnosing and treating mental health issues that involves psychological, behavioral, emotional disorders and socio-cultural problems.
A seasoned professional with 7 years of specialized training and education in the field of clinical psychology and with 3 years of clinical practice and experience, Winnie is well-versed in providing a wide array of psychological services such as psychometric/psychological assessments, psychotherapy, counselling, guidance, rehabilitation and other positive mental health practices.
As a qualified psychotherapist, she attends to a range of mental health issues such as-
- Depression, bipolar affective disorder and other mood disorders
- Anxiety, phobias, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder and hypochondriasis
- Substance use, addictions (internet, online gaming and others)
- Personality disorders and adjustment disorders
- Schizophrenia and delusional disorders
- Stress related disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Behaviour disorders- eating disorders, sleep disorders
- Habit and impulse disorders (pathological lying, gambling)
- Childhood and adolescence- psychological, emotional and behavioural disorders
- Chronic life stressors and other mild/moderate stressful life events
She is a specialist in offering various forms of psychotherapy, such as including but not limited to – CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness Interventions, Behavioural Interventions, Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT), Emotion Focused Therapy, Family and Group Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Positive Psychotherapy, Psychosocial Skills Training and Behaviour Modification Programs.
Her special interest areas include Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Adult Psychopathology, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and it’s variants and identifies herself as a Level II Positive Psychology Practitioner, with special focus on Human Resilience and it’s various processes.
Winnie believes essentially that in order to amend the problems or disorders of a mental health nature, it requires a thorough understanding and focus also on the individual’s strengths, his/her capacity for healing and growth (the different levels of resilience) and in cultivating the right attitude of positivity.