Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a psychiatric disorder that occurs in people who went through traumatic events such as death, accidents, natural disasters, explosions, war, break-ups and violence. It affects the mental wellbeing of the person who sadly relives the event through flashbacks, nightmares and feelings of sadness, anger and detachment from others.
Signs and symptoms are divided into four categories:
- Intrusion: feeling of reliving the traumatic event
- Alteration in cognition and mood: inability to recall specific aspects of the event
- Alteration in arousal and reactivity: emotional outbursts
- Inability to recall key features of the traumatic event
- Distorted negative beliefs and self-blame
- Persistent negative emotions
- Irritable or aggressive behavior
- Self-destructive or reckless behavior
- Problems in concentration
- Sleep disturbance
At TBC, we help you overcome the effects of trauma with our evidence-based and personalized PTSD treatment services for adults in Dubai, UAE. Get help for intrusive memories, nightmares, and hyperarousal. Schedule your appointment with our team of Lebanese therapists. Our therapy sessions are held in English, French and Arabic.
At TBC, our Lebanese Therapists in Dubai provide therapy sessions in Arabic, French, and English to help clients overcome mental health challenges such as anxiety, depression, and trauma, as well as occupational therapy, psychomotor and speech therapy.