Addiction is defined by an attachment to a substance or a situation that creates a rewarding experience despite adverse consequences. The most common cases of addiction are related to substance usage such as alcohol and drugs but also towards gambling, food, internet, video games and sex. Treatment plans for addiction are personalized; and according to the type of the substance and the intensity of the dependence, treatment takes place.
- Poor performance in work and school activities
- Imbalance in relationships and difficulty maintaining them
- Inability to control the usage
- Inability to monitor health and personal problems
- Fatigue and lack of energy
- Intense changes in appearance
- Weight loss
- Low to no hygiene
- Defensive behavior upon confrontation
At TBC, our Lebanese Therapists in Dubai provide therapy sessions in Arabic, French, and English to help clients overcome mental health challenges such as anxiety, depression, and trauma, as well as occupational therapy, psychomotor and speech therapy.