Present in children and adults, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders are abnormalities in parts of the mouth and face, affecting normal growth, development and functions of orofacial structures. They disturb the tongue position during rest, swallowing and speech.
Consult TBC if these following is observed:
- Open mouth, habitual lips-apart resting posture
- Structural abnormalities of the orofacial structure
- Dental abnormalities
- Abnormal tongue rest posture
- Distorted productions of some sounds
- Drooling and poor oral control, past the age of 2.